7. Selling of liquor is regarded if you exchange or keep, offer, display, deliver, supply or dispose of for sale, or authorize or allow a sale. Supply is to place a person in possession or control of the liquor for consumption. Therefore if you do not have a liquor license do not charge a cover charge with “free Liquor” or other methods to justify an unlawful sale of liquor.
8. Ensure that you choose an experienced liquor consultant who can supply references and proof of successful liquor license applications. Where an application for a license has been refused by the Board, no new application may be made in respect of the same premises within a period of one year from date of refusal.
9. Gauteng Liquor licenses must be renewed one day before the original issue date of the Liquor License. If you renew one month after the issue date a fine of 50% and two months after the issue date a fine of 100%is imposed. The third month the license expires. A renewal advice must be collected from the Board and payment must be made at First National Bank. Your renewal advice and FNB receipt must be kept for the renewal process of the following year.
If your license has been transferred to your name, the renewal date is the original issue date of the license and not the issue date of the transfer. You must renew one day before the original issue date of the license.
10. The practice of renting a liquor license is unlawful and can result in the closure of the business and the possibility of further legal action.
11. A liquor license in Gauteng can not be removed from one premises and transferred to another premises. A new application must be made on the new premises.
12. Sale of liquor to individuals under 18 years old is regarded in a serious light.
13. There is no liquor license which will allow 24 hour delivery or sale of liquor.
- 4. Do not make any structural changes to the premise before a Section 43 application for the alteration, addition or reconstruction of the premises has been approved by the liquor board.
- 5. A licensee shall refuse to sell alcohol to an intoxicated person.
- 6. A licensee must display on the front door or window of a licensed premises a notice with characters of larger than 5 centimeters in height the following:
- Name of Business.
- Type of license
- Times of Business
- License Number
For free advise contact
Back to top
Frik Liebenberg of Frik Liebenberg Business advisory Services cc 99/05522/23 has been a Business Broker since 1997 and a Liquor License Consultant since 2002. Feel free to contact us for further information.
Frik Liebenberg Business Advisory Services cc 99/05522/23
082 556 8368
Follow us on Twitter @licensingliquor